Copied straight from Kate, who tagged me at Run With Kate
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
1. My favorite Musician is kenny Chesney. I love him!
2. I love Mexican food, Chocolate and Publix brand Jalapeno Hummus and pita chips!
3. I am claustraphobic and scared of elevators (and I work on the 18th floor of the RSA Tower in Mobile, AL. I ride those elevtors only!)
4. I am really shy and have a hard time talking to people when I first meet them, then I turn a 180 and I never shut up after I am comfortable. Sorry for my motormouth!
5. I planned, designed and made everything for my wedding to Joby. Decorations, invites, cupcakes, candy buffet, banners, drinks, everything!
6. I can't watch scary movies. They freak me out. I am more of a happy, love movie kinda girl!
7. I make up words to replace cuss words. It use to drive my co-workers crazy (I think) now I catch them saying "holly words" like Dango Bango, fudge mudge!
8. I am impatiently waiting to get a new iPhone 5! It's really testing my patience. My old phone iPhone is a POS! I put ALOT of thought into new cell phones, almost obsessively. I compare and obsess about which one to buy more than I did vehicles or a house.
9. I battled anorexia when I was younger, good news is, I won!! I don't think you ever win (for real), but I am certainly better. I have major issues with my body and weight all the time. I wish people understood even "thin" people can feel not so great about themselves. And I think we should have freedom of speech about that topic, the same as someone who is over weight. We aren't meaning to be offensive, but maybe we just really don't like our bodies, or a fat roll either.
10. I am very empathetic towards people/animals. It hurts my feelings to see other's hurt. I can't stand to here people use derogatory or insulting language about other people. I try to pass this on to my kids the best I can. Mean people SUCK!
11. I love to take Naps!
My Questions from Kate!!
1. Is this your first blog? If not, where did you start? Actually no, I had one, I was trying to start a Candy Buffet service. Baking cupcakes and setting up candy buffets for weddings/parties, etc. That didn't pan out. But I did do a blog to share recipes and inspiration type themes.
2. Where were you born? I was born in Buffalo, NY area. A small village named Middleport, NY. Cute little place, on the Erie Canal. See the house to the right of the library, covered in snow, that was our house. <3 it!
and finally to Daphne, Alabama when I was 10.
3. What’s something that you’ve done that you’re incredibly proud of? I think my biggest life accomplishment (other than my kids) is graduating from college with 2 small children. I started my family early in life. I was married at 19 and had Collin when I was 20. Married, kids and house. I had to work full time and get my degree and raise a family. I finished my accounting degree and went back to get my 150 hours required to sit for the CPA exam. I am suppose to be studying for the CPA now. I need to rededicate myself to that.
4. What’s something you got into trouble for at school? I don't remember getting in trouble really. But I'm sure if it was for anything it would have been for talking or forgetting my supplies.
5. What do you like most about yourself right now? I like that I am pursuing my passion of running. I may have had passions in the past but never really dedicated myself to them. I am so happy I am at a place that I can focus on running. My kids are old enough that I can "get away" and my husband is nice enough to let me do it. (that's me in the yellow, after my 1st 5K in April 2012)
6. Who is your biggest fan? Without a doubt my kids! I am so thankful for that. They are always cheering me on!
7. What sport do you follow? I follow Alabama football, life it's a religion. And any sport that my kids are part of. So football and gymnastics.
8. Do you have a hidden talent? (Or not so hidden!) It's not a talent, but I have cool long toes, that I can do all sort of weird things with. I can choreograph them to move with music (lol!) and pick things up with them.
9. When do you blog? Whenever I can. Mostly at home after work. Sometimes at lunch. And anytime I have some alone time.
10. Is there anyone who doesn’t know about your blog who you’ve avoided telling?
I don't think so, not now. I didn't tell anyone at first. Maybe I didn't tell some at all, but I do email them my blog posts. Maybe that's my shy way of telling them!
11. Name a song you can’t get enough of at the moment. I love LOVE love country music. Right now I love: Kissed You Good Night ~ Gloriana, Come Over ~ kenny Chesney (my Fave), Free ~ Zac Brown Band (fave #2), Why Ya Wanna ~ Jana Kramer.
My Questions to those tagged:
1. How do you stay fit? What is your activity of choice and how did you get into it?
2. What is your favorite thing to do (other than #1) in your spare time?
3. What are some of your big goals right now?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? (all expense paid, take anyone you want)
5. What is your favorite food? Least favorite?
6. What did you want to be when you grew up? What did you end up doing?
7. Who inspires you and why?
8. What's your fave childhood memory?
9. What's your top songs on your playlist right now?
10. Are you watching the Olympics? What sport do you love the most?
11. What's your motto?
My 11 People:
1. Just Keep Sweating
2. Run Find Your Happy Pace
3. Run Run Mom
4. Burning Babi Fat
5. Revved Runner
6. Living The Run
7. Shore to Run
8. Cupcakes Run
9. There's Something About Mary
10. Run It My Way
11. Little Miss Fit
Ok, Awesome! I hope everyone that was tagged, plays along, this was fun!